29 July 2019

Moving Closer to the God

After staying for two consecutive days in a hostel located in town, I decided to move to a guesthouse closer to the Ganga. Did I tell you the guesthouses in Varanasi are dirt cheap? No doubt it is the cheapest I have ever stayed so far. A dorm bed a night would cost you as low as Rs 100 with free breakfast and free laundry service. Can you imagine that? Aside from the Ganga, I think this is also one of the many reasons backpackers like me start to take things slowly here and continue to extend a night after a night which eventually end up staying weeks here.

Not only I want to move closer to the Ganga, it is also because of the free breakfast provided by the guesthouse. I see breakfast an essential part of the day on the road especially the Chai which I’m more comfortable to take it in a guesthouse compared to that made and served on the street or hole-in-the-wall. Most of the household here has no access to water supply. So from where they get the water? Stop guessing! 

One only needs to wake up to the time and you don’t have to think about what or where to have it. It would be ready before you start to even think about it. You know what I am saying. Furthermore, there are plenty of restaurants and eateries in the Old City near the riverbank.
The most anticipated breakfast every morning
Roof top view over the Ganga
Roof top also serves as common area for hanging out
The hostel is actually located in a 300 years old temple
...with occasional visitors peeping through the window
The hostel I stayed previously is clean, quiet and hidden away from the noisy main street. The room is cosy and the bed is comfortable with a small fan and black-out curtain for privacy. I slept tight every night. It also comes with big locker, AC, good WIFI, free drinking water, fully functional hot shower as well as lots of common area to hang out and swap stories among backpackers. The downside is there is no free breakfast and there is only one restaurant nearby serving Kerala food. Being located approximately 1.5 km from the river is also a minus point. Anyway, I just feel that I want to move closer to the Ganga. I want to feel the aura of Shiva. Period.
Cosy bed with individual locker, fan and black-out curtain
Outdoor toilet and shower
Lots of common area to hang out

3 comments:

Sarah Ignacio said...

Being concern in my household chores, I really need some advice especially in laundry service because I don’t want to waste time just for it so I decided to read blogs then I saw this, it was really informative and good to eyes..

sablejagow said...

Aluminum Alloy Roulette | TITONIC ONLINE
Stainless steel is ideal titanium earrings for sensitive ears for titanium banger playing against the dealer. For titanium hair clipper this reason, we use a standard model 2 stainless steel, raw titanium but with aluminum oxide ti 89 titanium calculator wheels

Unknown said...

s029u1ruxzs658 dildos,dildo,wholesale sex toys,vibrators,Male Masturbators,horse dildo,sex toys,Panty Vibrators,Discreet Vibrators a967p1jsqng283