16 November 2019

Tongue Twist

Met a Hongkie in a dormitory in Kathmandu today who had migrated to France since she was 15. It is a present surprise to have found out that, aside from her mother tongue, she is also fluent in Spanish, French and Hindi! When I say fluent, I mean it. A further chat revealed that she is currently on her ambitious pursuit to master in ten major languages in the world. Next in line are Arabic and Russian. My initial cognition that one can only master a maximum of five languages appears to be frail.

It has been a long time since I met an interesting traveller on the road. It has been a long time since I have a long chat like no tomorrow. I pretty enjoyed our chat in the small simple café next door, from common travellers’ topics, democratic school to open relationship.
My favorite breakfast at the cafe
Meeting interesting travellers on the road is like seeing yourselves in front of a mirror. It helps to reflect how good you have been doing on the road. I have to admit that it has been a long time since I learn something new. The tongue twist at the right column of my blog is pretty much a shame.   

No comments: